Assessor in Building Services - Engineering (Heating & Ventilation)
- Cheltenham/Gloucester/Forest of Dean
- Full time, Permanent
- Up to £35,000 per annum + £4,000 joining bonus
The Assessors role is vital to a learner's successful completion of their Standard qualification. The role requires the assessor to work closely with the Employer, Learner and Curriculum Tutors to ensure work placed assessment of the learners are completed in line with the qualification requirements
- The purpose of this role is to develop and assess learner's performance and/or related knowledge in a range of tasks, and to ensure that the competence and/or knowledge demonstrated meets the requirements of the apprenticeship standards.
- You will receive training and support so that you can implement and administer all assessment and internal verification procedures at the College and train and guide learners to develop their skills and abilities with regards to assessment and verification.
- Motivate, inspire and lead learners in the achievement of their qualifications
- Implement and administer all training and assessment and internal verification procedures as laid down by the General Conditions of Recognition from Ofqual
- Support, train and guide learners and develop their personal and professional attitudes, skills and abilities with regard to assessment and verification
- Guide and support learners as to the required evidence for their apprenticeship standard and to make judgements about that evidence
- Assess learners and provide feedback demonstrating a clear understanding of minimum requirements for competence whilst embedding maths and English
- Liaise with other assessors, internal verifiers, Apprenticeship Manager and the Head of School and to attend meetings
- Contribute to learner and employer reviews as required
- Work closely with employers and the sales team to secure new business
- Contribute to the achievement of Centre targets in respect of learner recruitment, attendance, retention, progress and achievement
- Respond positively and actively to curriculum development opportunities for new Apprenticeship programme initiatives and bespoke employer training
- Respond positively to any course or enrolment enquiries and to contribute to all aspects of the Centre's publicity and student recruitment programme
What you will need:
- Hold a minimum of level 3 qualification in Heating and Ventilating
- Up to date industry knowledge of Heating and Ventilating within a building environment.
- Willingness to complete an assessor qualification (CAVA)
- Computer literate
If you believe you are suitable for this position, please apply now!