Building Inspector (Immediate start)
- Covering the Worcestershire area
- Full time
- £19 an hour
The role is aligned to one of two work streams within the Assets & Facilities Team.
- To support the delivery of a customer focused responsive repairs and voids service in liaison with the Property & Facilities Manager, across our housing stock, including the diagnosis of complex maintenance issues, attending site when required.
- To plan, prioritise and ensure delivery of planned and cyclical maintenance programmes and projects on all properties owned or managed, excluding mechanical and electrical services, including supporting the Assets Investment Manager to ensure all properties meet Decent Homes Standard.
- Carry out responsive repair maintenance inspections, including pre-inspection prior to ordering and prepare written defects sheets and general information. Prepare schedules, quantities, costs and resolve contractor performance issues.
- Working closely with the Voids Repairs Coordinator, inspect and organise necessary repairs to void properties and ensure all work is completed as quickly as possible to minimise rental loss and in accordance with the void standard.
- Liaise closely with housing/neighbourhood management colleagues to ensure prospective tenants can view void properties early to minimise rental loss. Attend and contribute to regular void meetings to monitor and improve on void turnaround times.
- Carry out a minimum of 10% post-inspections, monitoring the quality and quantity of work claimed on completion, together with compliance with contract specifications/service standards by contractors
- Assist in advising the Property & Facilities Manager of any problems, difficulties or issues affecting the performance of a contract or contractor, requiring escalation as appropriate.
What you will need:
- Relevant professional building qualification or relevant experience in all aspects of building maintenance work
Background in building surveying or maintenance
Using Schedule of Rates to issue and control maintenance work
Experience of working with building and service contracts Preparing technical reports,
specifications and schedules of work Contracts supervision and service level agreements
If you believe you are suitable for this position, please apply now, immediate start available!