- Full time, Permanent
- up to £43,000 (dependant on experience)
My Client is currently recruiting for a carpenter with knowledge/ experience working within a high-end carpentry market. In this role you will be responsible for designing, building, installing, and repairing structures, fixtures, furniture, and other items using different types of materials including wood and steel.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using ruler, pencil, chalk and marking gauge
- Verify trueness of structure, using plumb bob and level
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines or power tools
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required
- Assemble and fasten materials to make framework or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins or glue
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors and other wood fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools and power
- With training, erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, and trim, or hardware, using carpenter's hand and power tools.
- Select and order wood and other required materials.
- Maintain records, document actions and present written progress reports.
- Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses and buildings hand tools and panelling.
- To take responsibility of yourself and others in the workplace, with the interests of Health & Safety
- To attend any trainings when required
- To work additional time as can be reasonably required and provide additional cover as Site Manager requests
- To adhere to working hours guidelines as defined by contract of employment, custom and practice of the organisation and in accordance with UK employment law
- To complete timesheets, and have signed off by your Line Manage
What you will need:
- Meticulously well organised and strong levels of planning
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong levels of communication
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of carpentry competencies
- Ability to solve any complications in a timely manner
- Good time management skills
- General knowledge of building materials and related disciplines
- Be polite and of tidy appearance
- To be honest, reliable and flexible