Credit Control Team Leader
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire
Hours: Full Time | Monday - Friday
Salary: Up to £38,000.00 per annum
This is an exciting and fantastic opportunity to join a company who is looking for an Accounts Supervisor to support the Head of Accounts within the Credit Control function. If you have experience in managing and leading a team or looking to add this to your portfolio this might be the right role for you, The ideal candidate will be able to relate financial concepts to non-financially minded stakeholders whilst driving a well-established team of up to 10.
- Supervising team members in managing client portfolios.
- Ensuring the team delivers against business requirements.
- Assisting the Head of Accounts with regular debt reviews.
- Testing all upgrades to the in-house system and training staff on system upgrades.
- Training & development, target setting, performance monitoring and recruitment of staff.
- On-boarding new starters, evaluating the performance of staff and developing training processes to ensure that all Credit Controllers are trained to the same level.
- Attending regular meetings with senior managers and reps to resolve credit control issues.
- Promoting strong customer service ethic within the team.
- Notifying Head of Accounts of any "at risk" debts as they arise.
- Handing of customer complaints by obtaining information and offering solutions.
- Address compliance queries and ensuring accuracy.
- Deputising for the Head of Accounts when necessary.
- Managing ledgers and maintaining customer record details.
- Processing refunds where applicable.
- Ensuring all customer payment terms are adhered to.
- Submitting bad debt provisions at each month end.
- Building strong B2B relationships to ensure prompt payment.
- Monthly reporting of aged debt reports.
What you will need:
- 3 years+ in a similar role with supervisory or management experience.
- Excellent customer service.
- Patience and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Strong communications skills both with the written and spoken word
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress their skills and grow within a business!
If you believe you are suitable for this position please apply now, interviews taking place immediately
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, as a specialist Accountancy & Finance Recruiter, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career