Ivy Resource Group are currently recruiting to hire an Electrician to join the permanent construction division for one of our clients based in Preston.
- Surveying sites where electrical systems are installed in buildings, fixtures and other components to ensure they remain functional and in accordance with legislation, as well as to identify any hazards or other issues which could disrupt the operation of the premises.
- Drafting electrical installation plans and technical diagrams for all electrical wiring including Emergency lighting, Fire Alarm systems, Portable Appliance Testing.
- Installing, maintaining, modifying and repairing all electrical systems in buildings and associated external areas.
- Ensuring that electrical systems adhere to the national electrical safety standards and regulations
- Supervising ongoing electrical system installations and providing technical expertise to installation teams where needed
- Using blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufacturer's installation manuals to complete projects
- Completing work orders and recording materials that are used on the job
- Complete any required remedial works following the 5yr fixed wire test reports.
- Identifying electrical problems and repairing them
- Advising the company's management when to replace aged electrical equipment to prevent hazards
- Conducting general electrical systems maintenance and troubleshooting electrical issues with testing equipment
- Emergency works required to make safe buildings in response to hazardous events e.g. floods
- Need to power down buildings requires working automatously outside of trading hours and accountable
- Responsible for supervision and training of Apprentice and Junior Electricians in the installation and repair of electrical systems.
- Qualified to 18th edition electrical installation with 3+ years' experience within role.
- Up to date training on National Electric Code, British Standards Institution (BSI) codes as well as update their knowledge about electrical concepts, safety protocols and any other building codes.
- PASMA (tower scaffolding trained).
- Annual asbestos awareness certification in accordance with UKAS accreditation
- Good general construction knowledge.
- Excellent personal organisational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Competent in problem solving, planning and decision making.
- Ability to keep track of industrial systems and National Electrical code.
- Ability to be able to react to none planned / emergency works when required.
Health and Safety awareness together with basic First Aid and rescue skills
£30,000 - £33,000 per annum
Submit your CV
Call / Text / Whatsapp Alex on 07835 935486 for a confidential conversation.
Ivy Resource Group are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.