- Full time, permanent
- up to £55,000 (dependant on experience)
My client is currently on the lookout for an Estimator to join their team. They are looking for a versatile Mechanical Engineer with the ability to adapt to different project requirements. The successful candidate will be responsible for project cost estimating, working as part of a small team. Good communication skills are crucial for success in this role.
- Control and maintenance of a database of enquiries.
- Analyse tender requirements and resolve queries relating to scope of works.
- Produce take offs from tender information suitable for the Buyer to obtain material costs from suppliers.
- Extract information from 3D models in Navisworks format for example.
- Have a good understanding of P&IDs to produce take offs.
- Create bills of materials based on engineering drawings and specifications.
- Establish accurate labour costs to produce cost estimates and quotes.
- Compile estimates and bids based on all data gathered and maintain consistent and reliable data.
- Calculate costs associated with changes to design.
- Produce risk management by assessing the financial, technical, and operational risks of the project.
- Prioritise outstanding enquiries to promote customer satisfaction.
- Aid the team with contract negotiations.
- Produce quotation documents with details of the scope of works and engineering specifications.
- Aid the Contract Manager with the preparation of variation costs for projects.
- Attend design & pre-stat meetings with the client if required.
- Support the project team with information for the company's production plans and weekly progress reports.