- Full time, Permanent
- Salary up to £40,000 per annum
We have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Manager to join our team. The purpose of this role is to manage the facilities to provide a safe and efficient environment to your colleagues and site visitors.
- Maintain the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule
- Management of Contractors providing both maintenance and construction services
- Undertake and maintain the safety inspection regime, and generate reports as specified by the Health and Safety Manager. These will be aligned with fire prevention, water hygiene, emergency lighting testing, asbestos, and other similar inspections.
- Maintain compliance documentation.
- Manage the risks associated with the maintenance of facilities.
- Responsibility for management of the workshop
- Management of the facilities such as waste management, security, housekeeping and maintenance interior and exterior spaces.
- To assist in the implementation, review and monitoring of relevant policies, safety systems and processes pertaining to the management of the facilities.
- Play a pivotal role in the expansion of the facilities.
- Provide input into management systems, including: Quality Management Systems, Laboratory operations manual, Laboratory environmental policies, Health & Safety policy, and procedures.
What you will need:
- Minimum of Institute of Workplace & Facilities Management Level 4 Diploma or studying towards.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Background in Hard (M&E) Facilities Management preferable with understanding of Soft FM and solid health and safety competency. Exposure to high-risk environments may be beneficial.
- A strong relationship builder with a personable style and good communication skills.
- Relevant experience in a similar industry
- Good practical/creative problem-solving skills, being process minded.
- Good management skills with the ability to influence and engage with direct/indirect reports and peers.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to ensure policy and procedures are followed.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Budgetary awareness.
If you believe you are suitable for this position, please apply now!