Fire Risk Assessor
- Full time, Permanent
- Negotiable salary dependant on experience
This is an exciting opportunity to join a west established family business to carry out and produce Fire Risk Assessments in accordance with the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
The assessor should have an appropriate level of training, qualifications and experience within the Fire Sector or a strong background in risk management (documented evidence will be required). Following an initial induction, the assessor will undertake a period of development, working towards demonstrating competency, based on the 'Competency Criteria for Fire Risk Assessors'. It is anticipated that role progression will be towards achieving BAFE SP205 accreditation or an equivalent nationally recognised standard.
- To carry out and document Fire Risk Assessments to meet the regulatory fire safety requirements of the premises, evaluating hazards, risks and control measures.
- The ability to interpret legislation, national fire safety guidance, approved document B building regulations, technical standards and approved codes of practice.
- Delegated authority and responsibility to produce documented fire risk assessments
- Ensure the fire risk assessment is suitable to be issued to the customer as part of the internal quality assurance process.
- Continuous improvement through self-development and appropriate constructive feedback provided.
- Provide customer support and professional advice in relation to all aspects of fire safety and fire risk reduction.
- Carry out fire safety consultations, on-site surveys, proposals and proportionate solutions for fire safety compliance.
- Verify and authorise customer quotations
Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required, which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of the role, including:
- Client management and support.
- Project management and support (fire risk assessment and fire strategy).
- Ongoing development of risk assessment methodology.
- Knowledge and awareness of external factors influencing change within the fire sector.
- Working with other agencies in a collaborative approach.
What you will need:
The assessor will work as part of a team with a strong focus on customer service. The organisation works very hard to build trust and confidence with customers, applying the extensive knowledge and experience in the fire sector. The assessor should be focused on continuous improvement and self-development. The assessor will understand the company's core values and play a key role in ensuring that customers understand the unique service and products we offer which set us apart.
- To have a structured, methodical approach.
- To be an excellent communicator with accurate written and clear verbal skills.
- To have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- To promote and uphold the standards and core values of the business.
- To have a professional corporate appearance at all times when working for the company; smart standard of appearance and dress.
- Technical knowledge of the Fire & Security industry is an advantage.
- Project a professional image to clients
- Apply listening skills and encourage customer feedback through open dialogue.
A competitive salary will be confirmed upon application.
If you believe you are suitable for this position please apply now, interviews are taking place immediately!