HR and Payroll Specialist
- Full time, Permanent
- Salary up to £30,000 per annum
This role is to bring the payroll and HRMS functions together. The company has doubled in size over the last 4 years and the HR department needs to consolidate and grow the service it provides to the business and the employees.
- Upload details for new starters and process departure process for leavers
- Maintain a rolling audit of current staff records to verify and improve the quality of data held with an aim to minimise paper records
- Provide management information reports as required
- Ensure that the starter and leaver process work smoothly
- Brief new starters on HR policies and procedures
- Contribute to policy updates
- Collate variable inputs to payroll, confirm they are authorised and upload to the system for payment.
- Verify PAYE, NI and Pension contributions are correct and are paid in a timely manner.
- Provide a summary of differences from previous months payroll to assist with audit
- Resolve issues prior to committal date.
- Liaise with Finance Controller to ensure costing details are correct.
- Produce year end payroll returns to include PSA, P11D and P60s and submit/distribute appropriately.
- Respond to information requests from statutory bodies (eg HMRC, Courts, Child Support Agency).
- Point of contact for all HMRC and pension scheme queries.
- Be the company expert on PAYE, NIC and Pensions.
- Maintain holiday and SSP records so they can be used for calculating appropriate payments
What you will need:
- CIPD Level 3 or Level 5 essential
- CIPP - Payroll qualification or working towards
- At least 3 year's experience in a similar role
- Wide experience of PAYE, NI, Pension issues.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and contribute to departmental goals and objectives
- Must be able to work accurately and with attention to detail whilst working to tight deadlines
If you believe you are suitable for this position, please apply now!