- Full time, Permanent
- Salary up to £40,000 per annum
We are looking for an experienced Electrician to undertake a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining electrical infrastructure. The job will involve installing electrical wiring in buildings and poles, troubleshooting malfunctions and repairing. Due to the high amount of risk pertaining to this job, electricians must be first and foremost responsible individuals with great attention to safety precautions. The ideal candidate must also be experienced in different kinds of electrical devices and systems.
- Surveying and installing electrical systems
- Drafting electrical installation plans and technical diagrams
- Installing, testing, maintaining, modifying and repairing all electrical systems in public spaces and buildings
- Ensuring that electrical systems adhere to the national electrical safety standards and regulations
- Supervising ongoing electrical system installations and providing technical expertise to installation teams where needed
- Using plans, wiring diagrams and manufacturer's installation manuals to complete projects
- Completing work orders and recording materials that are used on the job
- Identifying electrical problems and repairing them
- Advising the company's management when to replace aged electrical equipment to prevent hazards
- Conducting general electrical systems maintenance and troubleshooting electrical issues with testing equipment
- Executing plans of electrical wiring for well functioning lighting, access control, power supply, fire, security and other electrical systems
- Installing electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment for alarm and other systems
- Installing safety and distribution components
What you will need:
- Completion of electrician apprenticeship.
- Experience working as an electrician.
- Relevant qualifications
- Electrical system, power generation, plans, maintenance, and repair knowledge.
- Possess a full UK driving licence.
- Possess electrical knowledge.
- Pass a DBS & security checks.
- Have a proven background through an apprenticeship or similar qualification.
- Have the ability to use hand tool and power tools to repair and dismantle equipment.
- A qualification within a technical area would be highly desirable.
- Be able to carry, lift and climb ladders.
- Able to carry equipment up and down ladders, i.e. detectors, cable and power tools.
This position would suit an ambitious person and the ideal candidate must want to achieve high personal standards of workmanship and take pride in the work they carry out.
The role will incorporate service and repair, routine maintenance, reactive troubleshooting, installation works and emergency call-out assistance.
Salary - £30,000.00 -£40,000.00 depending upon experience, bonus scheme, overtime and call-outs available.