Lecturer in Business
- Full time, Permanent
- Up to £35,000 per annum
The primary purpose of this role is to develop and teach on the Business and related programmes. You will be teaching across a range of levels and qualifications including BTEC and T Level Business, the equivalent to A Levels, to our HND in Business Management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide learning and assessment activities which meet curriculum requirements and the aims and needs of all the learners.
- Plan and use a range of effective and appropriate teaching and learning techniques to engage and motivate learners and encourage independence and learner autonomy.
- Select and develop a range of effective resources, including appropriate use of new and emerging technologies ensuring they are inclusive, promote equality and engage with diversity.
- Establish a purposeful and motivating learning environment where learners feel safe, secure, confident and valued.
- Establish and maintain procedures with learners which promote and maintain appropriate behaviour, communication and respect for others, while challenging discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
- Use listening and questioning techniques appropriately and effectively in a range of learning contexts.
- Provide opportunities for learners to understand how the specialist area relates to the wider social, economic and environmental context.
- Work with learners to address particular individual learning needs and overcome identified barriers to learning.
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of own teaching, including consideration of learner feedback and learning theories.
- Use mentoring and/or coaching to support own and others' professional development, as appropriate.
- Evaluate and improve own communication skills to maximise effective communication and overcome identifiable barriers to communication.
- Collaborate and communicate appropriately with colleagues and external agencies to encourage learner progress.
- Work with colleagues with relevant learner expertise to identify and address literacy, language and numeracy development in own specialist area.
What you will need to succeed:
Experience of delivering successful teaching and learning within this or a related subject area an FE environment or similar experience
Qualified to degree level or equivalent in related subject
PGCE or DTTLS or Certificate in Education (or willingness to complete).
Minimum GCSE grade C or equivalent Level 2 in English and mathematics (or willingness to complete)
Willingness to undertake Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding training
- A generous holiday allowance of 50 days per year (including Bank Holidays and Christmas Closure)
- Membership to Teachers Pension Scheme (with death in service benefit)
- Access to discounted benefits platform and discounted gym memberships
- Family friendly policies and flexible working
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Access to our employee assistance programme
If you believe you are suitable for this role, please apply now, interviews taking place immediately!