Lecturer in Computing
- Full time, Permanent
- £39,000 per annum + £4,000 joining bonus
We are recruiting Lecturers in IT and computing to join a growing Computing team. This role will provide the opportunity depending upon experience to teach BTEC level 1 to 3 in Cyber security, software or web app development including our digital support T level and our HE programme which includes delivery on our degree programme.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Your aim will be to deliver an up-to-date and engaging qualification that allows students to gain a broad overview of the IT skills they need to succeed in the modern workplace, but also gives them a taste of areas that they can go on to specialise in.
- The course content covers some creative elements along with technical knowledge including data, cyber security, user interface design, programming, web app development and project planning.
- It's the ideal IT qualification to teach students the important skills to take with them to an increasingly digital workplace that includes BTEC T level, HND, and degree qualifications.
What you will need to succeed:
Knowledge of own specialist area is current and appropriate to the teaching context.
Relevant industry experience.
PGCE, DTTLS or Certificate in Education (or willingness to complete)
Minimum GCSE grade C or equivalent Level 2 in English and mathematics.
- A generous holiday allowance of 50 days per year (including Bank Holidays and Christmas Closure)
- A matched contribution and auto enrolment to the Teachers' Pension
- Access to discounted benefits platform and discounted gym memberships
- Family friendly policies and flexible working
- Access to our employee assistance programme
Interviews will take place immediately, for consideration please apply now!