Lecturer in Electrical (Electrical Teacher)
- Full time, Permanent
- £36,000 per annum + £4,000 joining bonus
Teaching experience is not essential to join our team; we will work with you to make this your next success. We will fully support you to complete your teaching qualification and by joining an experienced team, your colleagues will guide and coach you to inspire and teach our students on levels 1-3 of electrical installation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver lively and interactive instruction and assessment activities to a high standard on a range of programmes in both a workshop and classroom environment.
- Secure as part of the delivery team, outstanding success for all learners and assist in ensuring targets for recruitment, retention, achievement and success, attendance and progression are met.
- Mark and assess students' work, in line with College policies and procedures and awarding body regulations and provide effective feedback to learners to help them improve, including in relation to English and Maths.
- Provide opportunities for learners to understand how the specialist area relates to the wider social, economic and environmental context.
- Work with learners to address particular individual learning needs and overcome identified barriers to learning.
- Refer learners to information on potential current and future learning and career opportunities and appropriate specialist support services.
- Work closely with colleagues and the Teaching & Learning team to plan and use a range of effective teaching techniques to engage and motivate learners and encourage independence and learner autonomy.
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers.
- Be aware of, and maintain compliance with, all departmental and College requirements relating to Health and Safety.
What you will need to succeed:
- Relevant industry experience as an electrician/or equivalent field
- NVQ Level 3 Electrical installation qualification/or relevant qualification (and willingness to complete qualification)
- PGCE, DTTLS or Certificate in Education (or willingness to complete)
- A generous holiday allowance of 50 days per year (including Bank Holidays and Christmas Closure)
- Membership to Teachers Pension Scheme (with death in service benefit)
- Access to discounted benefits platform and discounted gym memberships
- Family friendly policies and flexible working
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Access to our employee assistance programme
If you believe you are suitable for this role, please apply now, interviews taking place immediately!