Lecturer in Maths
- Full time position - Salary up to £36,000 per annum (37 hours)
- Part time position - Salary up to £24,500 per annum (22 hours)
We are currently recruiting two Maths lecturers to join our English and Maths team, one full time and one part time. The roles are predominately teaching 16-18-year-old learners within our cross-college provision, although it could also involve teaching GCSE or Functional Skills Maths to adult learners.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide learning and assessment activities which meet curriculum requirements and the aims and needs of all the learners.
- Plan and use a range of effective and appropriate teaching and learning techniques to engage and motivate learners and encourage independence and learner autonomy.
- Select and develop a range of effective resources, including appropriate use of new and emerging technologies ensuring they are inclusive, promote equality and engage with diversity.
- Establish a purposeful and motivating learning environment where learners feel safe, secure, confident and valued.
- Establish and maintain procedures with learners which promote and maintain appropriate behaviour, communication and respect for others, while challenging discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
- Use listening and questioning techniques appropriately and effectively in a range of learning contexts.
- Provide opportunities for learners to understand how the specialist area relates to the wider social, economic and environmental context.
- Work with learners to address particular individual learning needs and overcome identified barriers to learning.
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of own teaching, including consideration of learner feedback and learning theories.
- Use mentoring and/or coaching to support own and others' professional development, as appropriate.
- Evaluate and improve own communication skills to maximise effective communication and overcome identifiable barriers to communication.
- Collaborate and communicate appropriately with colleagues and external agencies to encourage learner progress.
- Work with colleagues with relevant learner expertise to identify and address literacy, language and numeracy development in own specialist area.
What you will need to succeed:
Previous experience of teaching GCSE and/or functional skills maths
Appropriate Teaching qualification such as a PGCE (or willingness to complete)
Appropriate maths qualification to at least A level standard
Willingness to undertake Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding training
- A generous holiday allowance of 38 days per year, pro rata + Bank Holidays and Christmas Closure
- Membership into Teachers Pension Scheme
- Access to discounted benefits platform and discounted gym memberships
- Family friendly policies and flexible working
- Access to our employee assistance programme
- Discounted nursery offer at My Ohana Gloucester through salary deduction
Interviews will take place immediately, for consideration please apply now!