- Field based (Head office based in Wakefield)
- Full time, Permanent
- Salary up to £31,000 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well established company who are looking for an experienced field based Maintenance Foreman to join an existing Maintenance team
Your primary responsibility will be to optimise property condition and quality while ensuring a safe working environment. Supervisory responsibility to support the team of maintenance operatives in performing their day-to-day duties. Giving technical guidance and direction where required and supporting the Maintenance manager in delivering their KPI's.
- Lead a team of skilled craftsmen and maintenance staff, providing guidance, training, and motivation to ensure high-quality workmanship and adherence to project timeline
- Conduct on site inspections to capture and address maintenance issues promptly
- Monitor works completed by other operatives to ensure quality standards are met
- Address property health and safety issues on-site when possible
- Respond to emergency works and record materials used
- Advise management on additional planned works due to structural issues
- You will work closely with other trades and contractors, managing larger-scale planned maintenance refurbishments.
- Emergency works required to make safe buildings in response to hazardous events eg: floods / fire damage / security breaches
- Advising the company's management when additional planned works are required due to ageing structure and fabric issues
What you will need:
- Posses an apprenticeship or craft equivalent, along with experience or a City & Guilds/NVQ Level 2 equivalent. Ideally, you have demonstrated experience in a supervisor role
- Certifications: Hold IPAF (International Powered Access Federation) and PASMA (tower scaffolding) certifications. Have annul asbestos awareness certification in accordance with UKAS accreditation. Display health and safety awareness, basic first aid, and rescue skills
- Construction Knowledge: Possess good general construction knowledge, staying up to date with working practices and standards
- IT Competence: Be IT competent, comfortable working with email and maintenance software packages
- Driver's License: Hold a full clean driving licence (company van provided)
- Flexibility: Demonstrate a flexible approach to travel and overnight stays
If you believe you are suitable for this position please apply now, interviews taking place immediately!