- Full time, Permanent
- £26,000 per annum
The primary role of a Property Maintenance / Shop fit Operative is to optimise property condition and quality and to ensure the building is kept in a safe working condition. The need to maintain a high level of quality, providing maximum customer satisfaction whilst delivering the works in a cost effective way and where possible resolving the issue in a timely manner. Whilst carrying out repair works onsite conduct a site inspection to ensure that unreported works are captured via the maintenance help desk. Undertake larger scale planned maintenance works and shop fitting / refurbishment works working with other trades and contractors.
- Understanding the mechanism of buildings including electrical, plumbing, plant, safety systems and equipment.
- Providing first and immediate response to fault finding whilst maximising quality and ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Reporting and rectifying any property H&S issue whilst on site where possible.
- Completing work orders and recording materials that are used on the job.
- Emergency works required to make safe buildings in response to hazardous events e.g.: floods / fire damage / security breaches.
- Complete trade disrupting works out of hours where identified.
- Respond to the helpdesk requests, providing a professional and timely service.
- Advising the company's management when additional planned works are required due to aging structure and fabric issues.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Apprenticeship or Craft Equivalent and with experience or have come from a City & Guilds/NVQ Level 2 equivalent. Ideally with previous experience in equivalent role.
- IPAF (International Powered Access Federation).
- PASMA (tower scaffolding trained).
- Annual asbestos awareness certification in accordance with UKAS accreditation.
- Health and Safety awareness together with basic First Aid and rescue skills.
- Good general construction knowledge with up to date working practices and standards.
- IT competence with the ability to work with email and maintenance software packages.
- Excellent personal organisational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Competent in problem solving, planning and decision making.
- Ability to be able to react to none planned / emergency works when required.
- 15% Card Factory colleague discount in-store and online
- Save As You Earn scheme
- Financial Wellbeing Support
- Financial Education Tools
- Salary Advance
- Seasonal incentive schemes
- Retail Management Apprenticeship Programmes with local providers with access to a virtual internal network for learning together
- Discounted gym membership, mobile phone contracts, and car leasing
- Discounts across 100's of UK retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme - access to tools to support mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, and Adoption leave
If you believe you are suitable for this position, please apply now, interviews are taking place immediately!