Our client is currently recruiting for a Project Risk Manager for their office in Penrith
Job title - Risk Manager
Location: This is an agile role where you will be based out of our Penrith office with home working available and some travel to other offices and sites
Business Area: Highways Major Projects
Contract & hours: Permanent, Fulltime
Salary: £65,000 to £75,000 dependent on experience + Private Healthcare + Car + 26 days holiday plus bank holidays + benefits package
Our client is working in collaboration with Highways England and other key clients to deliver multiple projects across the UK. The Highways division is currently recruiting a Risk Manager to join the business based in the North of England to implement risk management services to support the successful delivery of major road projects.
- Ensure the successful delivery of risk management services in a consistent, professional manner with the aim of exceeding client expectations.
- Support the implementation of effective risk management practices to actively reduce risk exposure and uncertainty on projects and programmes.
- Give consideration to 'intelligent risk management', whereby the approach to risk management builds on lean thinking and continuous learning.
- Support the development and implementation of risk management approaches for clients, incorporating good practice and procedures.
- Facilitate risk workshops and meetings and engage with project teams to ensure the effective implementation of risk management.
- Produce risk reports summarising outputs to suit the needs of the individual projects.
- Support the development of new risk management processes, procedures and tools as part of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Support business development through an exemplary delivery of risk management services so that the company remains the business partner of choice.
- Keep abreast of the latest publications on the subject of project risk management such as The Orange Book, ICE RAMP Guide, PMI Principles and Procedures, ISO standards and the P3M3 maturity model.
We are looking for the following experience:
- Experience of: Working on major infrastructure projects in at least one of the following sectors: highways, rail, energy, nuclear, aviation, property and utilities.
- Previous role: Previously undertaken the role of Risk Manager (or: Assistant Risk Manager, Risk Engineer, Risk Analyst or Risk Champion) for a minimum of two years.
- Terms: Familiar with project and construction terms and their definition.
- Project Life Cycle: Familiar with the common sequence of activities within project life cycles and their intermediate stage gates and aware of planning approval processes.
- Project professions: Awareness of the common professions on infrastructure projects and their primary role.
- Software: Have reached an intermediate skills level in the use of MS Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Meetings: Ability to arrange meetings on MS Teams or face-to-face, describe the purpose of meetings and prepare agendas.
- Databases: Prior knowledge of populating and drawing registers and reports from the risk management database Xactium.
- Process: Experience of implementing the steps in risk management process aligned to ISO 31000 Risk management - Guidelines or Association for Project Management or PRINCE2 project management methodologies. Be familiar with both qualitative and quantitative risk management and qualitative scoring matrices.
- Procedures: Familiarity with preparing or contributing to the preparation of risk management plans, report templates, policies, RACI charts, histograms, guidelines and advice notes.
- Quantitative Analysis: Ability to carry out quantitative analysis using proprietary tools.
- Degree: Hold a recognised degree from the construction sector such as construction management, civil engineering, structural engineering, quantity surveying, cost management, building surveying or architecture.
- Qualification: Ideally hold a qualification in risk management such as: M_o_R (Management of Risk, Guidance for Practitioners); PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®; Certified Risk Manager (CRM); APM Project Risk Management Single Subject Certificate; the Risk Management for Project Professionals (PMBOK7 Updated) or the IRM International Certificate in Enterprise Risk Management.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following attributes / abilities:
- Be self-motivated, proactive and be able to work well on your own initiative.
- Be confident and comfortable in chairing risk meetings.
- Have excellent communication skills with clients and colleagues alike, whether this be discussing risks, making presentations or conversing by email.
- Be highly organised, in particular: be able to prioritise tasks; always be punctual at and prepared for meetings; and manage your calendar.
- Have the ability to collaborate and build relationships with individuals across different organisations within an alliance.
- Ability to work on more than one project at a time.
- Be able to show initiative and be forward thinking in both determining and implementing tasks to be completed.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
- New and enhanced family friendly policies with 8 weeks paternity leave, 26 weeks maternity leave, pregnancy loss leave, surrogacy leave and important guidance on the menopause and the support we can offer
- A competitive annual holiday entitlement with opportunities to buy/sell leave.
- A fantastic, matched pension scheme
- Share in the success you help to create by investing in the company through our Sharesave and Share Incentive Plans.
- 24/7 virtual GP service for you and your family
- Green Car Scheme
- A huge range of deals and discounts at many your favourite brands
- And many many more!
How to apply:
Apply online by submitting your CV and we will get back to you
Call / Text / Whatsapp Charlie on 07709708897
Quick and easy online registration on our website if you aren't already registered with us.
Ivy Resource Group are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.