Ivy Resource Group are currently looking to hire Quantity Surveyor for a company based in Blackpool.
- Full time, Permanent
- Salary £45,000- £50,000 per annum
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week (Flexible hours depending on candidate)
The Quantity Surveyor is responsible for or helping to estimate costs, quantities, and project timelines and providing this information to clients. You will be liaising with a variety of other teams and helping to keep a project on track.
- Build, manage & maintain relationships with clients, contractors, other construction professionals, suppliers, and site staff.
- Maintain financial control of projects including monthly valuations, job costing reviews and final accounts.
- Identify and weigh up commercial risks
- Ensure projects meet legal and quality standards
- Assist in the commercial activities of the business and provide support/advice in this regard to the Projects Managers as required.
- Management of sub-contractor interim accounts and agreement of subcontractor final accounts.
- Budgetary control including monitoring of costs and the prompt identification and management of overspend.
- Attending pre-start, progress, and handover meetings on site.
- Preparation and presentation of Commercial and Post-Contract Reviews.
- Prepare on-time monthly valuations following site measurements and work-in-progress reviews.
- Complete and submit project documentation and correspondence within agreed timeframes.
- Follow building regulations and health and safety
- Driving the growth in sales by creating new leads and opportunities.
- Supporting the marketing team with fresh ideas and approaches.
- Set up job files and all necessary records
What you will need:
- Previous Quantity Surveyor experience
- BSc in Quantity Surveying, or a similar qualification
- Competent IT user including Microsoft Office skills to support the communication and document generation necessary for the role.
- Experience in take-offs and producing BOQs for all aspects of builders' works, groundworks, and MEP.
- Ability to quantify labour, plant, and material requirements.
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience essential.
- Strong mathematical knowledge.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Understanding of engineering science and technology.
- Knowledge of building and construction.
- Ability to use your initiative.
- Full UK driving license
- Willingness to travel
- Salary: £45 - 50k per year
- 20 + 8 days holidays.
- 40-hour week.
- Flexible hours depending on candidate (e.g., 40 hours over 4 days).
- Use of company pool car.
- Company pension
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
If you believe you are suitable for this position, please apply now!
How to apply:
Submit your CV
Call / Text / Whatsapp Mike on 07597 052 367 for a confidential conversation.
Ivy Resource Group are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.