- Wotton Under-Edge
- Full time, Permanent
- Salary up to £45,000 per annum
To carry out quantity surveying duties for a wide range of construction works, including new builds, extensions, alterations, restoration and refurbishment of historical properties in the commercial, industrial and domestic sector.
- To work closely, as a member of a team, to deliver projects on time and budget to a very high standard; the team will include the contracts manager, buyer, workshop manager and site foremen.
- To enter into direct dialogue and written/verbal communication with architects, project managers, structural engineers, service engineers, clients and statutory authorities.
- To report to the senior management team regularly regarding progress for works that you are undertaking. You will be directly responsible to the senior management team on all matters.
- Subcontract procurement in a timely fashion and with due regard to the tendered budget and programme of site works.
- Interim valuations in accordance with company procedure, together with proper follow-up procedures to ensure relevant certificates and invoices are issued. Maximise positive cash flow where possible.
- Interim payments of subcontractors, in accordance with their payment terms, with regular dialogue with the site team to ensure satisfactory on-site works achieved.
- Provide, advise and/or execution of contractual notices, as required under the main and subcontract conditions, in liaison with the site team and/or directors.
- Constantly review and advise of any commercial gains or losses available to ensure commercial success of the project/s in your control.
- Ensure the contracts manager for your project is kept informed of any significant contractual or financial implications affecting your project in a timely fashion with respect to any occurrence.
- Maintain a schedule of financial procurement for your project.
- Produce costs/value reports in accordance with company procedures and submit to the contracts manager of your project.
- All valuations are to be submitted on time. If for any reason you consider that this is not possible due to other commitments, on each occasion you should advise the contracts manager for your project, in good time, for confirmation on how to proceed.
To have the relevant qualification (training will be given if necessary).
If you believe you are suitable for this position, please apply now!