- Full time, Permanent
- Up to £55,000 per annum + car allowance
An exciting opportunity has arisen. My client is looking for a qualified Quantity Surveyor to work on multiple projects The right candidate will be responsible for managing all commercial aspects of a project. Working in coordination with the site team to maintain high standards of quality and profit. This role will be based at their office in Basingstoke with a 4pm finish on a Friday!
- Have a good understanding of traditional building methods and products associated with the refurbishment of listed buildings and up-market period houses.
- Be confident in dealing directly with Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Clients and Subcontractors.
- Manage multiple projects
- Be able to keep a tight control on potentially high numbers of variations on a large number of on-going projects, assisting site managers and contracts managers in recording all variations, pricing them and accurately recording their effect on final accounts and ensure that AI's are received for all variations
- Take a lead in the calculation and preparation of all company valuations and final accounts.
- Prepare and present monthly job cost analysis data.
- Assume full control of subcontract orders, applications and assist with subcontract enquiries and management. Overall responsibility for ensuring that all subcontract/supplier orders placed are within budget.
- Pay regular visits to site, as well as liaising directly with Contracts Managers and Site Managers to ensure that all variations are recorded on CVIs and copied to all interested parties.
- Ensure that reminders are sent to Contracts Managers at the appropriate time and that retentions are collected in full without delay.
- Try to ensure that PQS's cost reports to clients are up to date.
- Ensure that no deposits are paid to third parties without equivalent sums first being paid to ourselves.
- Ensure that valuations and final account for each contract are formatted / presented to suit the exact requirements of the individual PQS/architect/client, in order to speed up the certification process.
- Responsibility for ensuring that VAT assessments/calculations are correct.
What you will need:
- HNC in Construction or relevant Degree level qualification
- Detailed knowledge private residential building contracting.
- Awareness of property taxation matters and contractual law
- Have a good technical understanding of traditional and modern building methods and products associated with refurbishment and new build projects of both traditional and contemporary design in the prime and super prime residential sector.
- Have a good working knowledge MS Office - Intermediate level of Excel
- To be able to write clear and precise communications which might include detailed and complex figures, calculations and specific building information.
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills and the ability to learn construction management IT packages.