- Full time, Permanent
- Salary up to £23,000 per annum
The purpose of role is To perform testing, inspection, and reporting on the performance of automatic fire sprinkler heads and pipes.
- Primary role is to undertake assigned tasks in the support of Sprinkler Head Testing within the Fire Testing and Experimental Unit.
- Prepare samples ready for testing.
- Delicate handling of customer samples.
- Photographing and inspecting samples supplied, taking accurate detailed notes to be used in reports written after all testing.
- Carryout function tests of sprinkler heads using defined procedures.
- Carry out setup and delivery of BS8458 standard test.
- Fire building, lighting, observing, documenting, and extinguishing during standards tests.
- Ensure Health and Safety guidelines/procedures are followed.
- To be aware of and abide by the rules and codes of the company and department particularly in relation to Health & Safety and Fire procedures.
What you will need:
- Strong technical aptitude, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Good level of self -motivation
- High attention to detail
- Understanding of scientific and/or engineering principles
- Hands on / technically minded.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Good time management
- Customer focused.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers.
- Data analysis
- Drafting technical reports
- Consistent approach to work
- Maintaining high standards of work
If you believe you are suitable for this position, please apply now!