Technical Support Engineer (IP / PON Specialised)
Full-Time - 37 hours/week, Office-Based Role.
We are looking to appoint an additional Technical Support Engineer that will be fundamental to the company's operational capability, accordingly for the right applicant, a defined career path is available with future options available.
What are we looking for:
The company markets a wide range of PDH, SDH, Ethernet/IP, MPLS, GPON, DWDM, Cellular and Wireless, LTE-based networking equipment. We provide and manage a variety of SNMP based network management systems that run on Linux, Solaris and Windows servers. The applicant must have a basic understanding of these technologies with specialist knowledge in either IP networking or PON.
We are looking for a positive, hardworking candidate who is willing to learn and keep on top of modern communication technologies as the telecommunication industry evolves. The company has a reputation for integrity and strong technical capability, the applicant will need to be a team player who can contribute ideas and apply good fault resolution methodology in an open environment. This person must also be capable of applying this knowledge both on-site with customers and in-house.
What you will need:
- Ideally, the applicant should be educated to HNC level or above in a telecommunications field and preferably hold security clearance such as SC or DV, however this is not mandatory.
- We provide 24/7 support to our customers so the ability to participate in a "week on - 3 weeks off" out of hours rota is essential. This will take the form phone support, Email support and the occasional site visit.
- The company is offering an attractive salary for the right person, this will be very dependent on previous experience and their levels of knowledge.
Key Technical Skills
- Specialist knowledge in IP/PON
- Familiar with a range of test equipment such as optical power meters & light sources, BERT's, cellular scanners and multi-meters.
- Able to conduct testing and produce full comprehensive test documentation / reports
- Experienced in fault finding methodology
- The ability to manage fault tickets process from beginning to end
- Ability to administer and run small turn key projects
- Experience with remote management platforms
Key Supporting Skills:
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written, internally and externally
- Comfortable engaging with both customers and suppliers on technical and project related matters
- Experience using Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work as part of team or autonomously using their own initiative.
- The ability to train other members of the team and customers.
- Ability to transfer existing skills to the environment, technically, process wise and by experience
- Ability to work under pressure and to given deadlines
- £33,000 to £44,000 Dependent on experience.
If you believe you are suitabe for this position, please apply now!