Technical Support Engineer (PDH/SDH Specialised)
- Full time, Permanent
- Salary up to £44,000 per annum
We are looking for a positive, hardworking candidate who is willing to learn and keep on top of modern communication technologies as the telecommunication industry evolves. The company has a reputation for integrity and strong technical capability, the applicant will need to be a team player who can contribute ideas and apply good fault resolution methodology in an open environment. This person must also be capable of applying this knowledge both on-site with customers and in-house.
Ideally, the applicant should be educated to HNC level or above in a telecommunications field and preferably hold security clearance such as SC or DV, however this is not mandatory but the individual must be eligible for UKSC & NPPV3 clearances.
- Specialist knowledge in PDH/SDH.
- Familiar with a range of test equipment such as optical power meters & light sources, BERT's, cllula scanners and multi-meters.
- Able to conduct testing and produce full comprehensive test documentation / reports.
- Experienced in fault finding methodology.
- The ability to manage fault tickets process from beginning to end.
- Ability to administer and run small turn key projects.
- Experience with remote management platforms.
What you will need:
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written, internally and externally.
- Comfortable engaging with both customers and suppliers on technical and project related matters.
- Experience using Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work as part of team or autonomously using their own initiative.
- The ability to train other members of the team and customers.
- Ability to transfer existing skills to the environment, technically, process-wise and by experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and to given deadlines.
- Available to carry out field activities as when the business requires.
- A good work ethic that shows pride for their work.
- Willingness to learn.
- Held or previously held any telecommunications-related courses/qualifications with regards to theory, installations, testing, commissioning, power & H&S.
If you believe you are suitable for this role, please apply now!