Telecommunications Project Delivery Engineer
- Full time, Permanent
- Salary up to £40,000 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company who are seeking an experienced Telecommunications Field Engineer to join their team.
As a Project Delivery Engineer, you will be responsible for performing various field activities, as part of project deployment. These will consist of; site surveys for antenna location, cable and earth routing and fixing, installation of telecommunications equipment within a racked cabinet, testing and commissioning.
This role requires individuals who either hold UK security clearance or eligible to hold UKSV & NPPV security clearances.
The role is predominantly field based (using company vans where necessary), however there will be requirements to carry out project delivery activities in office/warehouse and reference lab facilities in Gloucester. All necessary PPE will be provided.
- Site Surveys: Conduct thorough site surveys to assess telecommunication infrastructure requirements, including evaluating GPS antenna location placement/bracketry, cable routing to equipment and earthing requirements.
- Site installation: Complete full site installation which will include cab fitment into data/comms rooms, racking of various telecoms equipment, patch cabling, earthing and cable routing.
- Site testing/commissioning: Carry out local BERT and point to point testing as directed by the design authority.
- Breakfix: As part of the role, there is a requirement to attend planned site visits of those sites that have been handed over and are operationally live, which report an error/fault. This will include full fault investigation on site to confirm root cause and complete the required resolution. This may include the replacement of hardware.
- Ensure all required documentation is completed within the designated time and to a professional standard.
What you will need:
- GPS antenna location survey and/or installation.
- Cable routing and installation.
- Telecoms Rack/Cab installation.
- Equipment testing (Local and EtE) and the use of test equipment
- Competent in office 365 applications; Word and Excel.
- Experience in network deployments.
- Experience in Field activities.
- Experience working/installing both AC and DC power.
The successful candidate should hold as many and in-date qualifications from below.
- Must hold or be eligible to hold UKSC, NPPV/DV clearances.
- IPAF 3a and 3b.
- Working at Height.
- RF safety.
- Electrical safety (AC and DC)
If you believe you are suitable for this position please apply now, interviews taking place immediately!