Electrical Purchasing Manager
- Full-time, Permanent
- Salary £40,000 - 45,000 per annum subject to experience
The Electrical Purchasing Manager position position is fast paced ever changing role, often requiring the ability to multi-task & operate to tight time constraints. We are seeking someone who is committed, able to contribute to improving the efficiency and quality of the delivery team.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate experience and competency within procurement and be able to offer real life examples of purchasing in the past.
- This is a hands on role, in the day-to-day execution of procurement activities including supplier selection, sourcing, competitive tendering, placing orders, order book management, and material requirements planning and forecasting.
- Real time liason with suppliers, site personnel and project managers ensuring materials are on site when required, resolving supply/delivery issues that may result in project delay/labour downtime.
- To lead the development of a Procurement & Supply Chain strategy and formulate the ensuing 'day to-day' deployment plan which will meet the requirements of the business. The strategy not only caters for the purchase of materials but also in-house warehousing and materials management.
- Establish and maintain effective supplier partner-based relationships with key Suppliers through structured reviews (KPI's).
- To develop & perform routine analyses of spend, run reports, and identify opportunities to drive cost saving initiatives, promoting, and supporting business cost reduction activities.
- To lead the development of a PURCHASING & Supply Chain (P&SC) strategy and formulate the ensuing 'dayto-day' deployment plan which will meet the requirements of the business. The strategy not only caters for the purchase of materials but also in-house warehousing and materials management.
- To monitor Goods-In and Supplier invoicing / payment processes, ensuring documentation are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- To negotiate orders, contracts, frame agreements and supporting Service Level Agreements (SLA's) in support and alignment business requirements, P&SC strategy, and Customer defined needs, leading to contract award.
- Responsible for Direct & Indirect Procurement
What you will need:
- MUST HAVE experience with purchasing for electrical, mechanical & Public health projects in commercial/retail/industrial/leisure/banking/mod
- Team player - able to build strong relationships and work effectively with others
- Self-starter with a real bias for action and sense of urgency
- Well organised with a structured and logical approach to problem solving
- Customer focused with a real desire to deliver quality in their area of responsibility
- Ability to adapt within a changing and improving organisation.
- Use of Microsoft platforms.
- Show understanding and have the ability to apply themselves working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
If you believe you are suitable for this position, please apply now!